Thank you for applying to become an individual volunteer
Please note: All RMHC-UM reoccurring individual volunteer positions require a background check and up to date immunizations. Volunteers must be at least 14 years old. Volunteers that are 14-17 years old must volunteer with a parent/guardian that has also completed the application process.
- Register for an upcoming orientation session and complete the volunteer application here (this is done concurrently). If you are unable to attend any of the listed orientation sessions, you will still be able to move forward with the application. After completing the application, you will receive a confirmation email with next steps.
- Pass criminal background check – This is easy! You will receive an email from Sterling Volunteers within 48-72 hours of completing your application. The email includes a link so that you can facilitate the background check from your phone, tablet or computer.
- Submit immunization records to our offices. Immunizations are required for all staff and volunteer positions as a way to ensure a safe and healthy environment for our families, many of whom have a child with compromised immune systems. Download immunization info.
- Attend an orientation session where you’ll learn more about Ronald McDonald House Charities, Upper Midwest as well as important information to help you get started as a volunteer. You’ll tour our original and cornerstone program at our Oak Street location and get to ask lots of questions!
- Based on your interests and availability, we’ll get you scheduled to join us weekly or every other week at one of our four metro locations. Thank you for supporting RMHC-UM families!