Ronald McDonald House – Oak Street
At RMH-Oak Street, administrative volunteers support our Welcome Desk and are the first friendly face that families, donors, and visitors see when they arrive to the House. They often assist with a variety of different roles to keep the House organized and functioning. In a typical shift, an administrative volunteer could expect to:
- Greet and assist visitors
- Collect and file documents
- Accept and process donations
- Support event preparations
- Answer phones and provide general information about the House
- Complete “thank you” and other cards to donors, volunteers, and families
Is the Administrative role right for you?
Administrative volunteers set the tone for a welcoming experience with their outgoing and friendly attitudes. They also assist with a variety of special projects throughout their shifts and are comfortable escorting visitors through the House when needed. This role is great for individuals with:
- Exceptional customer service and a warm, welcoming demeanor
- Attention to detail, and flexibility to adapt to changing needs as they arise
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information
- Experience using a computer for basic data entry and word processing
Typical Hours and Commitment
Administrative shifts are typically 2-3 hours long and can occur during anytime between the administrative hours of 9am-5pm on weekdays.
An overview of your position will be provided during your orientation and House tour. On the day of your first shift, you will meet some of the RMH staff members who will be providing you guidance throughout your time in the House. More training and guidance will be provided during each shift as necessary.