Extended Day Volunteer
Ronald McDonald House – Oak Street
Our Extended day program allows siblings and patients to have fun, play games, and play around after school is out for the day! Volunteers assist with engaging the kids in activities and are encouraged find unique ways to offer their own skills for fun. You’ll work closely with our Family Programs & Activities Manager to ensure a fun and engaging afternoon. Extended Day volunteers could expect to:
- Assist with regularly scheduled activities
- Help with the setup, organization, and cleanup of activities
- Incorporate your own skills for fun activities: chess, yoga, dance, etc.
- Engage with families, kids, staff, and volunteers in a respectful and professional manner
Is the extended day volunteer role right for you?
Our team of Extended Day volunteers support our efforts to offer engaging programs and activities for the families staying at RMH. They work directly with patients, siblings, or caregivers and enjoy creating a welcoming and stimulating environment for those around them. This role is great for individuals with:
- Excellent communication skills with both children and adults
- General organizational and cleaning skills
- An interest in working with kids and families
Typical Hours and Commitment
Family Service volunteers commit to a recurring 2.5-hour shift from 2:30pm-5pm, Monday-Friday on a weekly or bi-weekly basis. We ask that volunteers commit to a minimum of one full semester, or 50 hours.
An overview of your position will be provided during your orientation and House tour. On the day of your first shift, you will meet some of the RMH staff members who will be providing you guidance throughout your time in the House. More detailed training and guidelines will be provided at the start of each shift.