Fry Buddy Volunteer
Ronald McDonald House – Oak Street
The Ronald McDonald House Fry Buddies Program is a fun opportunity for a child to be paired with an RMH volunteer once a week for special one on one time! Fry Buddy volunteers benefit both child and caregiver by allowing caregivers the opportunity to relax, shower, clean, etc., while engaging their child in fun activities and games. The program offers one-on-one attention and companionship to that child. Volunteers can expect to:
- Work one-on-one with a sibling or patient at the House
- Work closely with the Family Programs and Activities Manager to prepare activities
- Assist with organizing, setting up, and cleaning up after activities
- Interact with RMH families in a kind, respectful, and professional manner
Is the Fry Buddy role right for you?
Our team of Fry Buddy volunteers support our efforts to offer engaging programs and activities for the families staying at RMH. They work directly with patients, siblings, and caregivers and enjoy creating a welcoming and stimulating environment for those around them. This role is great for individuals with:
- Excellent communication skills with both children and adults
- General organizational and cleaning skills
- An interest in working with kids and families
Typical Hours and Commitment
Fry Buddy volunteers commit to a recurring 1-hour shift on a weekly or bi-weekly basis between the hours of 9am-1pm. We ask for a minimum commitment of one full semester, or 50 hours.
An overview of your position will be provided during your orientation and House tour. On the day of your first shift, you will meet some of the RMH staff members who will be providing you guidance throughout your time in the House. More detailed training and guidelines will be provided at the start of each shift.