Ronald McDonald Family Room – Gillette Children's, St. Paul
House warmers are essential towards creating a warm home-like atmosphere at the Family Room inside Gillette Children’s Specialty Healthcare. They help maintain a clean, organized, and welcoming environment in our community spaces, pantries, and kitchens. Housewarmers care for the daily tasks that keep the Family Room clean and functional, allowing families to focus on their child. Daily tasks may include the following:
- Stocking the pantry or toiletry items
- Cleaning and disinfecting as needed
- Keeping common spaces clean and tidy
- Serving a meal when needed
- Giving tours
- Light office work
- Help flip a room or work on laundry
- Bringing a friendly smile and attitude to all our families
Is the Housewarmer role right for you?
Ronald McDonald Family Room inside Gillette Children’s Specialty Healthcare features four overnight rooms and welcomes 60+ day-use visitors each day. Gillette is a level one trauma center and serves patients flown in from the 5-state area. Housewarmer volunteers are on their feet and moving about the Family Room during their shifts. They assist with a wide variety of tasks and take pride in making the House a home for families. This role is great for individuals with:
- The ability to work independently
- Strong communication skills
- A love for organizing and a detail-oriented mindset
- The ability to prioritize numerous tasks at once
Typical Hours and Commitment
- Housewarming shifts are offered seven days a week between the hours of 9am-6pm M-F, and 9:30am-6pm Sat, Sunday and Holidays.
- Volunteers select a 1-3 hour weekly or bi-weekly shift. We ask that volunteers commit to a minimum of one full semester, or 20-35 hours.
- An overview of your position will be provided during your orientation and House tour. On the day of your first shift, you will meet the RMH staff who will be providing you guidance throughout your time. More detailed training and guidelines will be provided at the start of each shift.