Ronald McDonald House – Children's MN in Minneapolis
House warmers are essential towards creating a warm home-like atmosphere at the House inside Children’s MN in Minneapolis. They help maintain a clean, organized, and welcoming environment in our community spaces, pantries, and kitchens. Housewarmers care for the daily tasks that keep the House clean and functional, allowing families to focus on their child. Daily tasks may include the following:
- Stocking the pantry or toiletry items
- Cleaning kitchen tables and counters
- Dusting various part of the house
- Keeping common spaces clean and tidy
- Serving a meal when needed
- Bringing a friendly smile and attitude to all our families
Is the Housewarmer role right for you?
Ronald McDonald House inside Children's Minneapolis is our second largest location with over 15 private rooms and just steps away from the intensive care unit. Housewarmer volunteers are on their feet and moving about the House during their shifts. They assist with a wide variety of tasks and take pride in making the House a home for families. This role is great for individuals with:
- The ability to work independently
- Strong communication skills
- A love for organizing and a detail-oriented mindset
- The ability to prioritize numerous tasks at once
Typical Hours and Commitment
Housewarming shifts are offered seven days a week between the hours of 10am-7pm. Volunteers select a 2-3 hour weekly or bi-weekly shift. We ask that volunteers commit to a minimum of one full semester, or 50 hours.
An overview of your position will be provided during your orientation and House tour. On the day of your first shift, you will meet some of the RMH staff members who will be providing you guidance throughout your time in the House. More detailed training and guidelines will be provided at the start of each shift.