Room Refreshing Volunteer
Ronald McDonald House – Oak Street
Room Refreshers are dedicated volunteers who ensure that we provide a comfortable and clean environment for new families. This amazing team of volunteers works hard to guarantee that our overnight rooms meet our high cleanliness standards and are prepped and stocked for families before they arrive. Key responsibilities for Room Refreshers: •
- Restocking toiletry items (shampoo, soap, etc.)
- Assisting with laundry
- Making and preparing beds
- Vacuuming rooms
- Dusting room surfaces
Is the Room Refresher role right for you?
Our team of Room Refreshers enjoy making a room sparkle! Most work independently, or in teams of two with a buddy. These volunteers a vital to ensuring families arrive to a comfortable and clean room and have a knack for an attention to detail. This role is great for individuals with:
- A strong attention to detail and ability to work on your feet throughout shift
- The ability to work independently
- Good communication skills
- A love organizing and a detail-oriented mindset
- The ability to prioritize numerous tasks at once
- A willingness to learn and perform common cleaning skills
Typical Hours and Commitment
Room Refreshers commit to a weekly or bi-weekly shift that is typically 2-3 hours long between 10am-7pm seven days a week. We ask that volunteers commit to a minimum of one full semester, or 50 hours.
An overview of your position will be provided during your orientation and House tour. On the day of your first shift, you will meet some of the RMH staff members who will be providing you guidance throughout your time in the House. More detailed training and guidelines will be provided at the start of each shift.